Sunday, September 27, 2009

The blacked out Lions

Do the Lions get their first win today? The Redskins haven't looked so hot this season. Unfortunately for Detroit, if the Lions do win today, no one in Detroit will see it. So here's my problem with the league blacking out games. Can anyone in Detroit even afford to go to the game? With the current state of this economy, I almost feel bad for Lions fans in Detroit. The Lions have lost their last 19 games. That's painful enough. I understand the point in blacking games out. The teams need fans in the seats. That's obvious. But in a market like Detroit, it's hard for those fans. I read that Detroit area is expected to lose 132,000 jobs this year. That's A LOT of jobs. Detroit is suffering enough. Don't punish them because they can't afford to see their sad Lions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been waiting for a long time to come over here and say "nanner friggin' nanner"!

My Lions finally won one, and they're gonna steal one from Chicago this weekend.

I told my readers about your site, so they'll be coming through to check you out. Go LIONS!! *yes*

Barbie said...

Hey I picked them to upset the Skins. So congrats on the win!! It was only 20 games in the making :P